The Hemera Fellowship programs were created to make the unique benefits of contemplative practice in a retreat context more widely available. Our first two fellowship programs, for artists and educators, were launched in 2014, and our third program, for health care professionals, launched in 2016.
For more information on the individual fellowship programs, please use the links on this page.
- Identify the appropriate fellowship program for you (artists, educators, health care professionals).
- Please carefully review the information on the relevant fellowship page above. Fellowships are available for various retreats at all of our partnered retreat centers. Not all retreats are eligible for fellowship funding.
- From the specific fellowship page, explore the links to our partnered retreat centers to identify which retreat center and which retreat you would like to apply to. Fellowship guidelines vary slightly at each retreat center, so be sure to read the application details on the center's website at which you are applying.
- Follow the application link on the retreat center's website to fill out and submit your Hemera Fellowship application.
Fellowships are awarded on a rolling basis; therefore, we strongly recommend applying early while there are still fellowships available at the center you're interested in.
We partner with the following retreat centers. For each fellowship program, please check directly with the individual retreat centers for availability:
- Southern Dharma Retreat Center, Hot Springs, NC
- Spirit Rock Meditation Center, Woodacre, CA
- Vallecitos Mountain Retreat Center, Tusas Mountains, NM
- Wonderwell Mountain Refuge, Springfield, NH
- Zen Mountain Monastery, Mt. Tremper, NY
- Copper Beech Institute, West Hartford, CT
- Dharma Drum Retreat Center, Pine Bush, NY
- Dharma Ocean, Crestone, CO
- Garrison Institute, Garrison, NY
- Insight Meditation Society, Barre, MA
- New York Zen Center for Contemplative Care, New York, NY